Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Ni Kuhama, Baby!

I've been so lost! Life took over. Life is good, thank Ngai.

Bado niko na Safaricom, thanks to M-Pesa. Safaricom-Airtel is not the kuhama I'm talking about.

Just a quick note to let you all know that I'm now living in Nairobi. Sort of. I actually live in a county in Central Province, but if I can take a matatu to the city centre for between Ksh 40-60, I can call myself a Nairobian, right? Some people actually live in the Rift Valley Province (Kitengela et al) and call themselves Nairobians, too, so I can get away with my living-in-Nairobi claim.

Anyway, I will be back with details baadaye, in the coming month(s). Hopefully with more great news on top of what I already plan to share. In the meantime, I will keep you up with some storos from .KE and/or .UG. If I get the time :-)

Cheers,

Masa wa Nairobi.

6 comments:

KR said...

Karibu Nyumbani - na mashinani. I also live near Nairobi :-)but I get to work in 15mins so great trade off.

Looking forward to your posts!

Who Only Stand said...

Don't be lost. You are a great person and can overcome anything.

Proud Kikuyu Woman said...

Asante KR. That was the strategy, to avoid 'Nairobi' so I can get to work in like 20 minutes.

TASWOSW: Thank you! I however think the use of 'lost' in this context was lost on you. It is direct translation from Kiswahili and Kikuyu for 'I have not posted for a long time'. In the real world, if you haven't seen your friend for a while, when you finally do, you don't ask them what they've been up to. Simply say, "you've been so lost!" and they'll explain.

Cee said...

Hey PKW,

Congratulations, naona alot has been going on I'm very happy for you..... All the best in all your ventures.

I had never thought about kuik traditional dressing....I hate the brown outfits though....

Shiko-Msa said...

Long time Ma'am!

Haiya Kitengela is in Rift Valley?

Karibu home. I think I can guess your county rather accurately.

PM said...

Good to hear your are back home, am also AKIU (A Kenyan in Uganda)and am relocating back to KE soon. Hope I don't get a culture shock after all the matoke vijanjaru here.